Regular manicures and pedicures are a great way to keep your nails clean and beautiful while allowing yourself to pampered. Whether you are going to a salon or doing your own manicure and pedicure at home, the process can be very relaxing. Believe me, you will feel better and happy after manicure and pedicure. But finding time to go get your nails done professionally is not always possible or within the budget. Solution for this is very easy : Give yourself a perfect manicure and pedicure at home.
Things you will need :
Things you will need :
- Cotton Balls
- Nail Polish remover
- Plastic Bowl/Bucket
- Hand soap
- Cuticle softener cream
- Wood cuticle stick
- Pumice stone
- Nail Clipper
- Exfoliating foot scrub
- Nail file
- Transparent nail paint
- Nail polish
- Remove any nail polish on your toe nails, use a cotton ball and nail polish remover to swab off polish.
- Soak your feet in a large plastic bowl or simply use a bucket filled with warm water and epsom salt or you can use your favorite shampoo and any mineral oil(optional). Soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove your feet from the bucket. Gently towel dry your feet.
- Apply cuticle softener cream on each toe nail. Wait 3 to 5 mins, then use a cuticle stick to gently push the cuticle on each toenail back.
- Remove dead skin cells with a pumice stone.
- File and trim toenails to the desired shape.
- Wash your feet with an exfoliating foot scrub. Rinse your feet, towel them dry and apply a moisturizing lotion.
- Apply a base coat to each toenail. apply two coats of nail polish and follow with one layer of top coat to protect the nail polish from chipping.
- While your feet dry, sit still and do a home manicure.
- Remove nail polish from your finger nails, use a cotton ball and nail polish remover to swab off polish.
- Trim and file your nails to your desired shape. Some people prefer rounded tips, while others prefer square tips with rounded edges.
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and few drops of hand soap. Soak your fingertips for few minutes.
- Apply cuticle softening cream to the cuticle on each fingernail. Apply 3 to 5 mins.
- Then use a cuticle stick to gently push back the cuticles on each fingernail.
- Massage lotion into your hands. Wipe each nail dry with a clean cloth.
- Apply a base coat to each fingernail. Apply two coats of your chosen nail paint. Finish up with a layer of top coat.