Friday, February 17, 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector – Daily All-in-One B.B. Cream


Guest Post By Kiran of Cherry Lane.

Hi everyone!! I’m so excited to be doing this guest post for the amazing Vivacious Blog!! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity!
So by now you must all have heard the hype around B.B. Creams...if not where have you been?! Just in case you haven’t...
Here’s the low down:
1.       BB stands for Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm (depending on the marketing spin)
2.       Originally formulated in Germany by Dr Christine Schrammek in the 1960s but then became extremely popular in the 2000s in South Korea.They have been around for years in  East Asia but have only just discovered by the rest of the world recently.
3.       Initially it was used by dermatologists to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage to hide post-laser scars, acne and other blemishes.
4.       AIM – An all-in-one product to moisturise, conceal blemishes and imperfections, provide SPF protection and treat skin.

What Garnier claim...










Here is what I think...
When you first squeeze the cream out it looks like quite a thick constancy but it transforms into a light texture and melts into your skin nicely. Its very easy to apply and blend in.
I had the shade ‘Light’ which is actually not as pale as I expected! I would say I have very light complexion for an Indian chick but compared to UK skintones I would say I am kinda a warm olive in the winter. I thought that the Light shade would make me look like a ghost but surprisingly I found that it suited my winter skin perfectly! It balanced out my skintone and gave me a lovely glow! :-D I think in the summer when I’m more tanned I would try the next shade up.




I feel this product gave me a lovely natural light- medium coverage but also left my skin feeling very light like I had nothing on (unlike foundation) which I love. My dry skin felt very moisturised and supple.
In the photo below I didn’t use any moisturiser or primer...I just applied the cream onto my bare skin. But when I went to apply the product to the other side of my face I did use a moisturiser just because I do have dry patches and I wanted to give it something extra (nothing fancy just Johnson’s Baby Soothing Naturals cream you can link this http://www.boots.com/en/Johnsons-Baby-Soothing-Naturals-Cream-250ml_41398/ ). Even though my skin felt moisturising using the BB cream on its own I feel that for my skin using a light moisturising underneath gave it that extra boost.
Overall the BB cream gave me a lovely slightly dewy finish which for oily skin could result in some shine (this is the only negative I could find with this product) but for my dry skin was great!




Would I buy this again? Yes! It does what it claims...soften my blemishes, coverage gave my skin a healthy glow, my skin felt moisturised...and with the added bonus of SPF15! Bonza!! Lol

The deets...
Garnier B.B. Cream comes in two colours ‘Light’ and ‘Medium’. A full sized tube comes with 50ml of product which I think is a pretty generous size (20ml more than you would get with a standard foundation!).
This product is priced at £9.99 RRP. If you are outside the UK you can pick this up for £8.50 from FeelUnique.com (http://www.feelunique.com/p/Garnier-Miracle-Skin-Perfector-Daily-All-In-One-B-B-Cream-Light-50ml) and the best thing is they provide FREE DELIVERY WORLDWIDE! Woopwoop!!

For people in the UK Boots.com selling this for a promotional price of £7.50 at the moment as well as giving away free samples on their website (click here http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Miracle-Skin-Perfector-Daily-All-In-One-B-B-Blemish-Balm-Cream-Light-50ml_1230500/?id=4236661 ).
Hope you enjoyed my review!


 About Guest Author -The article is written by Kiran. A girl with a slight obsession with cherries and all things cherrylicious. Apart from she is adept in writing fashion and recipe articles. Visit her site for Travel and Makeup too.





35 comments:

  1. wud def try it if they launch in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous product dear!!! Excuse my delay in answering you! And thanks for your lovely comment! Now, follow you by GFC, twitter and facebook too!!!
    *I just release a new image on my Facebook Official Page, hope you “like it” and drink a sip of ABSOstyle with me: join my day to day!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle
    Bloglovin’ * Twitter * fashiolista * LOOKBOOK * CHICISIMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. dis shud b launched in india too so dat v cn use and drool over it rather dan jus doin oohhh-aaahhss!! its rlly working nicely on u Kiran :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad this is not available in India :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks interesting....maybelline has launched something similar in India

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your review; sounds great!

    You have a lovely blog, I'm following you now.

    XOXO

    My Bathroom Is My Castle – Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonder when we'd get it here too :) nice review kiran ;)
    heloooooooooo vertu :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. great review! love your blog!! mind following each other??

    xx Ingrid

    http://eaudeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Garnier has also launched a BB cream. I don’t mind the shine. I think it looks glossy <3

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com
    Catch me on FB :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MeghaSarin/276091209123944

    ReplyDelete
  10. great review Kiran...would love to try this out <3

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Veru!!!.. I have shipped ur giveaway winnings to u..pls confirm whn u get it

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Kejal - Thanks Kejal. Will mail you when I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect product!

    If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?

    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???
    Enter the Romwe giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so great review!! nice post:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah such a nice post!!i really love bb cream!its amazing and it makes your face looks natural altought it is like make up!

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds great, thx for your advice, have a great weekend
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing blog! I'm your new follower and hope you follow me too. ;)

    pannazadziorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey... i hv tagged u check out my latest post .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wowwww v promising
    is it launched in India?
    http://gleanandpreen.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks too good! Awaiting for it to be launched in India...
    Do drop by my blog sometime and follow if you like! :)
    Fashion Panache

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a habitual user of Garnier BB cream and this article explained it so well. For me this has been the best tinted moisturizer that I have ever used and the price is great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never tried this product or any BB cream for that matter!!but you have changed my mind:))
    Last day to win a gorgeous bag from Tosca by clicking HERE

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great info. I love all the posts, I really
    enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing. Buy Youtube Likes

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks so good I really like it. It looks really interesting. Maybelline has launched something similar in India. These shimmering products always give immense pleasure to me.
    http://www.goodlife.com/skin-care/16/0/0

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome blog thanks for sharing because it very helpful for me

    Send Online Same day flower delivery in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting article!!
    Never knew Jasmine Orange Shower Gel could do so much good to my skin! Definitely will try the Jasmine Orange Shower Gel for skin brightening & pimples.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome blog thanks for sharing because it very helpful for me

    Send Online Same day how to become fat>

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing such a Nice article aboutMakeup kit Tips web utility. I will surely recommend anyone who is looking for these kind of information. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments, so feel free to ask and share anything with me. Leave your blog's url with comment and I'll definitely come to yours. <3


Best Blogger TipsReceive The Latest Posts Directly To Your Email - It's Free:
Email rss